mattx Posted December 13, 2009 Posted December 13, 2009 Annual Geminids meteor shower - anyone watching this ? Even in smelly old London where the light pollution is terrible I am seing quite a few.
powdarrmonkey Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 I stayed in the warm because I didn't expect to see anything, there's so much light around. Might poke my head out of the window now though; are they in any particular direction?
laserblazer Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 As per usual when we have this kind of show, thick cloud cover. Still, remeber Day of the Triffids!
JJonas Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Speaking of Day of the Triffids the new two part version starts on 28th December on BBC1 at 9pm. Part two on the 29th 1
mattx Posted December 14, 2009 Author Posted December 14, 2009 I stayed in the warm because I didn't expect to see anything, there's so much light around. Might poke my head out of the window now though; are they in any particular direction? Everywhere !! When I was looking - [ out my loft office ] it was in an Easterly direction.
TheCrust Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Speaking of Day of the Triffids the new two part version starts on 28th December on BBC1 at 9pm. Part two on the 29th I'd been wondering when that was on - the 1950's film with Howard Keel bore little relation to the book - the 1980's BBC series was much closer to it and IMO much better to watch.
witch Posted December 14, 2009 Posted December 14, 2009 Looked for the meteors last night but saw very little. My son saw quite a few on Saturday night though. Disappointed:(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now