Guest TheLibrarian Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 We've just recently bought Mediator 9 and discovered the activation. During install or at first run Mediator 9 requires activation, this can be performed silently across the internet. This is a per machine activation, default is to store the activation file in the "All Users" profile but that can be re-directed. Most of our PC's do not have internet access unless a member of staff is logged in or activates it for that session. The thing I really don't like is when activation via the internet fails, the program displays a dialog box displaying the serial number.
mattx Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 We've just recently bought Mediator 9 and discovered the activation. During install or at first run Mediator 9 requires activation, this can be performed silently across the internet. This is a per machine activation, default is to store the activation file in the "All Users" profile but that can be re-directed. Most of our PC's do not have internet access unless a member of staff is logged in or activates it for that session. The thing I really don't like is when activation via the internet fails, the program displays a dialog box displaying the serial number. Most probably picking it up from the sn.ini file which is in the program's folder... If you are having the problem everytime a user fires it off, just make sure they have the correct permissions to the activation file or change its location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\mwas\Mediator 9.0 Exp.mwas Is the default. For the manual - [ page 18 ] http://www.matchware.com/en/forms/Mediator9UserGuide.pdf
Guest TheLibrarian Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 @MattX Thanks, that's what I've done. I've repointed the mwas to a server so that at least I won't have to remember activate Mediator when a machine is re-imaged. My gripe is that the PC's can't activate Mediator when the MSI is deployed unless I twiddle with the configuration of ISA and the group policies for the workstations. The real lunacy is how the serial number is revealed if the activation fails!
mattx Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 The software is a joke when it comes to Activation I agree - I had real problems and their support is worse than Acer's......
Guest TheLibrarian Posted November 12, 2009 Posted November 12, 2009 Just wait until you try Crazy Talk...
chris17_99 Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 We are having an issue with this software and Activation using windows 7. Even though the machine has an internet connection it still sais Activation failed. Has anyone else got this working on Windows 7?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now