Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

IO wonder if anyone can help with server CALS?

 

Our LEA are running Windows 2003/2003R2 servers. Every school in the authority I assume has CALS to access these servers.

 

If they upgrade to 2008/2008R2 servers does every school have to be updated as well with newer CALS?

 

As I write this it seems obvious that they do - but that seems a little unfair and possibly one of the negatives in being an LEA controlled school with central domain controllers.

 

I wonder how much it would cost to CAL-up 15 secondary schools and 90 or so primary schools.

 

Gareth

Posted
IO wonder if anyone can help with server CALS?

 

Our LEA are running Windows 2003/2003R2 servers. Every school in the authority I assume has CALS to access these servers.

 

If they upgrade to 2008/2008R2 servers does every school have to be updated as well with newer CALS?

 

As I write this it seems obvious that they do - but that seems a little unfair and possibly one of the negatives in being an LEA controlled school with central domain controllers.

 

I wonder how much it would cost to CAL-up 15 secondary schools and 90 or so primary schools.

 

Gareth

 

Of course they do, Gareth butty - it's M$ remember :)

the CALs shouldn't be a lot when bought by the LEA in bulk.

 

Chunks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...