john Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 Rack ears went out in the post today Chris - Royal Mail so expect them in 6-8 weeks You'll have to update the photo when they arrive! hehe don't you mean 6 - 8 months
Ric_ Posted October 26, 2009 Posted October 26, 2009 hehe don't you mean 6 - 8 months We are beginning to wonder since they still haven't arrived!!!
tom_newton Posted October 26, 2009 Posted October 26, 2009 You're still missing rack-ears? RF is hiding from me (OK, he's on holiday) but I can call him and find out what address they went to etc. If need be I am sure someone is in your neck of the woods reasonably shortly - could get some dropped off maybe? Of just DHL em.
john Posted October 26, 2009 Posted October 26, 2009 Can't you improvise? I do often, a bit of 3mm steel plate from the DT Dept, cut it to shape and screw it on with some brass screws, easy as pie
Dos_Box Posted October 28, 2009 Author Posted October 28, 2009 You're still missing rack-ears? RF is hiding from me (OK, he's on holiday) but I can call him and find out what address they went to etc. If need be I am sure someone is in your neck of the woods reasonably shortly - could get some dropped off maybe? Of just DHL em. They arived today thanks. Even though 2 of the screws were the wrong size! I had spares, so no panic there. The switch has decided to die on me as well I'll have to take a trip to ICT Direct tomorrow for a replacement then drop it off at Rics for final fettling!
tom_newton Posted October 28, 2009 Posted October 28, 2009 Went UPS in the end - £30 for a poxy envelope. Still, it got there. Surprised the screws are the wrong size, I picked that bag straight out of a UTM "kit" - and (until december) all our UTMs are on the same chassis. Any other UTM owners find wrong screws? Do i need to poke our fulfilment partners with a sharp stick?
john Posted October 28, 2009 Posted October 28, 2009 oooh what you doing to the UTMs in December Tom? Are you going to make me sad and say mine is old and obselete As for the screws, I vuagly remember two being the wrong size but you only need 2 per ear anyway so its not a problem (plus I had spares if i was).
Ric_ Posted October 28, 2009 Posted October 28, 2009 The switch has decided to die on me as well I have another switch... I found it today!
Mr.Ben Posted October 28, 2009 Posted October 28, 2009 I think you should try harder :-) Dell chief stuffs data center into suitcase ? The Register I'm sure you can beat that - and note, the chap doesn't even use a dell switch!
tom_newton Posted October 28, 2009 Posted October 28, 2009 John: the rumour mill has another, larger "guardian" box on the horizon for december.. your UTM will still remain "top of the heap" UTMwise for the forseeable, and of course will remain supported for a healthy number of years yet New "SWG" box is from a different source; allowing us to mix and match some components to handle larger loads. At the same time, though, we are introducing more and more software performance enhancements to allow UTM users to grow numbers on the same tin. 1
Dos_Box Posted October 28, 2009 Author Posted October 28, 2009 I think you should try harder :-) Dell chief stuffs data center into suitcase ? The Register I'm sure you can beat that - and note, the chap doesn't even use a dell switch! Pah! He's got no firewall, no managed wireless and only a 5 port switch!
Dos_Box Posted October 28, 2009 Author Posted October 28, 2009 I have another switch... I found it today! You 'found' the last one. And it died!
john Posted October 30, 2009 Posted October 30, 2009 John: the rumour mill has another, larger "guardian" box on the horizon for december.. your UTM will still remain "top of the heap" UTMwise for the forseeable, and of course will remain supported for a healthy number of years yet New "SWG" box is from a different source; allowing us to mix and match some components to handle larger loads. At the same time, though, we are introducing more and more software performance enhancements to allow UTM users to grow numbers on the same tin. Ah right Sounds interesting Glad to hear mine is still top of the pile as it were The original and best as it were
tom_newton Posted October 30, 2009 Posted October 30, 2009 Of course john... the likes of you and Ric are our favourite customers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now