_Bat_ Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 Hey all, Quick question: I was asked to remove all old user accounts, areas and profiles off our windows 2003 server. I did this manually by deleting the accounts off active directory, then doing the same with the user profiles and file areas in question. I have read about delprof and it seems it is only necessary to use this program to clear the cached profiles off the client machines due to the space they take up on the HDD. Is this correct or have I missed something vital here? Cheers.
ChrisH Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 it is also good to get rid of them as sometimes you get a corrupt profile which prevents the user from logging on etc and getting rid of those little changes they can manage to make if your not using roaming profiles.
ThatBoringBloke Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 I wouldn't like to run delprof on a server simply incase it screws things up. Have to admit though that it is great for clients.
CyberNerd Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 delprof is fine on servers. we use it on Terminal Servers to delete student profiles, its called from a log in script. It's probably not necessary unless you get a lot of accounts log into the server.
CyberNerd Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 its called from a log in script. sorry, that was a complete lie I was thinking of something else.
Ric_ Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 its called from a log in script. sorry, that was a complete lie I was thinking of something else. I call it from a startup script.
Gatt Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 its called from a log in script. sorry, that was a complete lie I was thinking of something else. I call it from a startup script. Which reminds me - must set that script up again... :?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now