Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Delprof... is it necessary?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all,

 

Quick question: I was asked to remove all old user accounts, areas and profiles off our windows 2003 server. I did this manually by deleting the accounts off active directory, then doing the same with the user profiles and file areas in question.

 

I have read about delprof and it seems it is only necessary to use this program to clear the cached profiles off the client machines due to the space they take up on the HDD. Is this correct or have I missed something vital here?

 

Cheers.

Posted
it is also good to get rid of them as sometimes you get a corrupt profile which prevents the user from logging on etc and getting rid of those little changes they can manage to make if your not using roaming profiles.
Posted
delprof is fine on servers. we use it on Terminal Servers to delete student profiles, its called from a log in script. It's probably not necessary unless you get a lot of accounts log into the server.
Posted
its called from a log in script.

 

sorry, that was a complete lie I was thinking of something else.

 

I call it from a startup script. ;)

Posted
its called from a log in script.

 

sorry, that was a complete lie I was thinking of something else.

 

I call it from a startup script. ;)

 

Which reminds me - must set that script up again... :?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...