Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Weird IE8 issue on XP after WSUS Update


Recommended Posts

Posted

A Google search revealed nothing but I wonder if anyone has seen issues where IE8 will not let users enter any text into text boxes.

 

I've been having complaints today that users cannot type into the Google search box. Some cannot enter information into the Hotmail password box and so on.

 

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this,

 

GJE

Posted

I'm fairly sure I remember something similar that happened with some of our systems [could even have been on a TS] but with IE6.

 

From the distant memory in my head, it was something like VBA [the common runtime type thingy] needed reinstalling or a XML issue.

 

Are you on about one machine, or multiple machines, and has something changed on your network recently that may have affected it? i.e. Group Policy etc

 

Nath.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...