spc-rocket Posted September 18, 2006 Posted September 18, 2006 Hi Guys, I've just installed NINO on a windows xp PC and it installed correctly. Following the instructions to configure everything i am being prompted for an username and password. I can't seem to find the default username or password in the documentation. Any thoughts? Ashok.
Geoff Posted September 18, 2006 Posted September 18, 2006 From the NINO install guide: The default administrative user is admin, the default password is admin. After installation of NINO this password should be changed. You might want to read the rest of it...
spc-rocket Posted September 18, 2006 Posted September 18, 2006 Thanks Geoff, I wasn't obviously looking in the right place Ash.
ChrisH Posted September 19, 2006 Posted September 19, 2006 I have just got it to a satisfactory stage on Ubuntu. If you follow the docs for debian lower down on the page to install from source you cant go too wrong. The only thing I am struggling to get workign is the external comamnds even though I have done it manually and let the install set the permissions. The only other annoyance which Ric warned me of is with the HPJD plugin wwhich isnt the plugins fault but HP. I ahve 4050, 4100, 4250, 1100, 1200, 2800, K850 printers and the likes of the 1200 and K850s dont have a proper jet direct card and seem to be lacking in SNMP support so all I can do at the moment is see if they are alive on the network :| .
plexer Posted October 21, 2006 Posted October 21, 2006 Just found another good looking monitoring server: http://www.zabbix.com Ben
ChrisH Posted October 21, 2006 Posted October 21, 2006 Stick with nagios it will do all you want it to do. In the process of installing it I have learnt alot about SNMP and have learnt a decent amount of Perl to write my own plugins as well. But dont be scared of by that most people can knock together a decent system from a package and the standard plugins as well as the ones contributed on nagiosexchange.
Ric_ Posted October 22, 2006 Author Posted October 22, 2006 Stick with nagios it will do all you want it to do. In the process of installing it I have learnt alot about SNMP and have learnt a decent amount of Perl to write my own plugins as well. But dont be scared of by that most people can knock together a decent system from a package and the standard plugins as well as the ones contributed on nagiosexchange. Only those people that insist on buying random hardware to make their life difficult need to write their own PERL and interrogate the SNMP stuff, eh Chris?
ChrisH Posted October 22, 2006 Posted October 22, 2006 Stick with nagios it will do all you want it to do. In the process of installing it I have learnt alot about SNMP and have learnt a decent amount of Perl to write my own plugins as well. But dont be scared of by that most people can knock together a decent system from a package and the standard plugins as well as the ones contributed on nagiosexchange. Only those people that insist on buying random hardware to make their life difficult need to write their own PERL and interrogate the SNMP stuff, eh Chris? Theres nothing wrong with Xerox printers if you like a nice glossy print out I tell thee!!!!!
john Posted October 22, 2006 Posted October 22, 2006 My old Xerox Docuprint was doing very well, lasted about 10 years and a good few million prints and hammering from children. It finally died and went to printer heaven the other year though. Long gone but not forgotten.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now