Dos_Box Posted September 7, 2009 Posted September 7, 2009 Bit of a strange one this. I'm fed up with trying to answer the phone (a HTC Touch HD) whilst using the KB mouse in teh EduGeek office. Short of buying a seperate microphone and Bluetooth dongle and using the PC as a hands free device, is there such a thing as an office handsfree kit, so I can just press a button to answer the phone and speak, just like the car kits?
powdarrmonkey Posted September 7, 2009 Posted September 7, 2009 My boss bought a car kit the other week that doesn't have a headset, it's like an outstation that clips to the sun visor and works like a speakerphone. No idea what it was called though, it came from eBay I think. Not sure if that's quite what you mean though.
EduTech Posted September 7, 2009 Posted September 7, 2009 I am guessing your looking for something like this: Plantronics )) Mobile )) Bluetooth Mobile Headsets James.
john Posted September 7, 2009 Posted September 7, 2009 Parrot - plug-n-play-auto-moto is a great tool, my mum has one and loves it, fine she uses it in her car but they say its great for a desk based speakerphone, and parrat stuff is good I have a wired in one in the car and thats good.
contink Posted September 7, 2009 Posted September 7, 2009 Yup... Got one with my Panasonic phones some time back thanks to Tom @ smoothwall... Plantronics C65 Wireless DECT Headset ..is the one I have and it's blooming marvellous You do need a decent base though so I'd look at something like this: Panasonic KX-TG 8422 Phone With Plantronics C65 Wireless Headset Price wise the ligo site is definitely hard to beat and excellent service too...
mac_shinobi Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 Parrot - plug-n-play-auto-moto is a great tool, my mum has one and loves it, fine she uses it in her car but they say its great for a desk based speakerphone, and parrat stuff is good I have a wired in one in the car and thats good. I have a pioneer stereo with a parrot bluetooth inbuilt and trying to do voice commands is a pita as its all americanised , i said call xyz and after I had said the number it just cancelled my call
plexer Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 The parrot looks like a good idea I presume it charges from usb connector as well so that way you'll be able to take it on the road with you too. Ben
contink Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 Just a nugget really but I was under the impression I'd need bluetooth to get something like this but the Plantronics I linked to above uses the same wireless spectrum as other wireless phones (which aren't - obviously - bluetooth). Simple enough pairing too... Figured it's worth stating the obvious as I got a little caught up in the world as I thought I understood it at the time.
Dos_Box Posted September 8, 2009 Author Posted September 8, 2009 I don't want a headset if I can avoid it. The Parrot kit looks good (I have Parrot in the car and it's quite exeptional). I just hate putting phones to my ear when I need to be typing and headsets annoy me.
john Posted September 9, 2009 Posted September 9, 2009 Is your in-car parrot the one with the small screen and simple buttons - PARROT CK3100 LCD ? How does it go with the HTC for you, mine is really iffy with mine of late, don't know if its the phone though being iffy, still awaiting a new sim card from orange (only been a week now!) there excuse for the last one not turning up, we couldn't find you, my reply ready my address its a COLLEGE! We cannot be missed!
Dos_Box Posted September 9, 2009 Author Posted September 9, 2009 No, it's built into this: Alpine-Headunits-CDE-104BTi And once coupled with the (optional) microphone works brilliantly. The head unit can actually interrogate you phones adress book so you can dial from it! http://www.autoshopdetijger.nl/website/images/CDE-104BTi.jpg
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now