Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Hi folks, I'm looking to package up Flash Player 10.0.22.87 as per RM instructions (they have a blueprint), but I'm struggling to find that version in MSI format (which is what the blueprint needs). Can anybody help me out?
Mcshammer_dj Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87 take your pick 1
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 Might be blind here, but I can't find that specific version. I've been to that page before and there was an MSI link there, but for the wrong version.
powdarrmonkey Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 You're struggling to find it because Adobe require you to have a license for distribution. It's easy enough to do: Adobe - Player Licensing
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 You're struggling to find it because Adobe require you to have a license for distribution. It's easy enough to do: Adobe - Player Licensing Nope - already done that (it was part of the RM instructions). I got the link from Adobe after accepting my application and a page with different links showed, but I couldn't for the life of me find that version.
Michael Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 You shouldn't need to do anything. Download the MSI from Adobe's site, then run WinInstallLE (Rebranded as RM) to make it RM compatible, then deploy it.
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 You shouldn't need to do anything. Download the MSI from Adobe's site, then run WinInstallLE (Rebranded as RM) to make it RM compatible, then deploy it. Why should I 'bodge' together a Flash package when RM have given me the easiest possible way to make a package - I just need the exact version. I tried creating a package for version 9 and it was a nightmare, so vowed never to do it with Flash again on an RM network.
Michael Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Well I've done it, took about 5 minutes. And I didn't bog anything together, works just fine.
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 Well I've done it, took about 5 minutes. And I didn't bog anything together, works just fine. Oh, that's great! Well done! Anybody having any look finding it?
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 Can find plenty of .exes but none of this version in .msi
Mcshammer_dj Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Custom Action Information give that one a go
Hightower Posted August 5, 2009 Author Posted August 5, 2009 Custom Action Information give that one a go Nah, that one's for plugin based browsers like FF - I needed the ActiveX one. Anyhow, I've just found it elsewhere, so thanks for the help everyone but I'm sorted now
Arthur Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 I'm looking to package up Flash Player 10.0.22.87... You do realise this version has a critical vulnerability that could allow someone to take control of the computer? The latest version (v10.0.32.18) really isn't hard to package. If you want to give it a try, I have attached the modifications we use. All you need to get this working is to download the .msi to go with it. A critical vulnerability exists in the current versions of Flash Player (v9.0.159.0 and v10.0.22.87) for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris operating systems, and the authplay.dll component that ships with Adobe Reader and Acrobat v9.x for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX operating systems. This vulnerability (CVE-2009-1862) could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. There are reports that this vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild via limited, targeted attacks against Adobe Reader v9 on Windows.Adobe Flash Player v10.0.32.18 (Internet Explorer).zip
romanx Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 If you're looking to deploy flash player updates via group policy, you'll need to apply to Adobe for a flash player license. I saw the link above. We've just recently done this ourselves as several sites need the updated flash, and Adobe seems to be pushing out a lot of updates recently.
gshaw Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 Thanks a bunch Adobe, useless company producing crap software one after the other... just built the images around the .27 version now gotta push updates already FFS Bring back the days when one version of PDF reader and flash would just *work*
Michael Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 If you want the newest of the new, have a look here
Arthur Posted August 7, 2009 Posted August 7, 2009 The other important thing to do when deploying flash player is to disable the update check via the mms.cfg/settings.sol files. Adobe make this harder than it needs to be though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now