NetworkGeezer Posted July 18, 2006 Posted July 18, 2006 Doyou want to access the internet via the SmoothWall box on your school network? THere are two approaches. If the Smoothwall box has a proxy server then just have it's IP address in your settings on Internet Explorer (or FireFox??opera etc) on WS1. Alternatively you may need to setup proxyh software on Computer 1.
tickmike Posted July 19, 2006 Author Posted July 19, 2006 Hello, Hope this gives a clear picture of what I'm trying to do...see plan below. Thanks for your help . now the set-up works ok from computer 2 looking across the link to school LAN and back, also get internet up to computer 2 and school LAN side. my latest problems are from computer 2 to my home LAN, can ping from ws1 etc. to 172.16.1.10 on computer 2 only (and back ) AND NO FURTHER !. Cannot ping to 176.16.1.2 etc. QUESTIONS 1. can someone help me with default gateways for all the static ip's.?. (I have set some up but not sure ) 2. Do I set up an dhcp server on computer 2 from my home network ?. 3. have I not go the router working on computer 2 ?. 4. what do I do about DNS for my home network (I have permission to use the school broadband) Useful link http://www.wlan.org.uk/antenna-page.html Regards Michael.school_wifi_link.tif
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now