mossj Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) Brand new spiceworks version out, little bit faster than the older version and has the following new features: Network Mapping Knowledge Base (although very basic) New improved User Portal (Almost a full CMS now) A few GUI improvements as well Spiceworks - Free Network Monitoring Software for Network Management P.S The user portal does support IE 6.0, However the admin interface doesn't anymore. Edited June 26, 2009 by mossj 1
mossj Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 Also for those of you that use spiceworks I found the following how-to's for more advanced features. Data Collector (so you don't have to waste resources scanning) - Spiceworks Agent (a.k.a. Stand-Alone Data Collector) - Spiceworks Community (can be used instead of scanning by placing in start up batch file) Manage Multiple Networks - Managing multiple clients from one master Spiceworks. - Spiceworks Community for thos of us that have more than one network (admin/curriculum) Wall mounted helpdesk screen - Wall mounted Helpdesk Status Screen - Spiceworks Community 2
sparkeh Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Wow thanks mossj those are ace! P.S The user portal does support IE 6.0, However the admin interface doesn't anymore. In my experience the admin interface has never worked very well in IE, FF has always been much more snappy.
john Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Wow thanks mossj those are ace! In my experience the admin interface has never worked very well in IE, FF has always been much more snappy. Must agree I found Firefox was much speeder for the admin interface than IE, but of late it has been much quicker in general
Edu-IT Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 I've got a question for those of you running Spiceworks on the same server as IIS sites. Spiceworks will have to use a different port, such as 8080, but am I right in thinking that it's possible to create a site in IIS and have it redirect? Such as: http://helpdesk as a site in IIS with a redirect set to http://helpdesk:8080 so that users can just type http://helpdesk into their browser?
sparkeh Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 I just put a shortcut in the start menu in the IT Support group that launches it (ie http://server-ip:82)
mossj Posted July 2, 2009 Author Posted July 2, 2009 or you could just put a php file (or IIS equivilent) with a header redirect on it. I.e index.php header(http://server-ip:8080);
Edu-IT Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 I just put a shortcut in the start menu in the IT Support group that launches it (ie http://server-ip:82) Does Spiceworks support AD integration for administrators too?
sparkeh Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 Does Spiceworks support AD integration for administrators too? ....good question. Not sure off the top of my head. I think that the AD integration is just for the help desk, not the whole application, so I think the answer is no.
Edu-IT Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 ....good question. Not sure off the top of my head. I think that the AD integration is just for the help desk, not the whole application, so I think the answer is no. Seems that way from what I've read. Thanks Sparkeh!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now