Dos_Box Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Has anyone else seen this? http://www.training.lancsngfl.ac.uk/getfile.php?src=155/Printer_Ink_Secret_....wmv I'll try this next time I get chance.
OutToLunch Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Has VBulletin truncated that link? Doesn't seem to work for me...
Dos_Box Posted June 22, 2009 Author Posted June 22, 2009 Try going here and clicking on the Saving Ink link. Hints & Tips
enjay Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 The HP cartridge I have on my desk doesn't have the magic button, unfortunately. I'll check the Canon ones next time I happen to have one in my hands. (I'm not too impressed with the eco-friendliness of this guy though - he just chucked the cartridge in the bin instead of recycling it, same goes for the drinks can already in there!) 1
plexer Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 I've just looked at some epsons and no magic button on them. Ben
contink Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 *Can barely contain urge to fall to floor, kicking, screaming and generally dying with laughter* Please tell me you lot are not serious... Please... oh please... I'd have trotted this out in April if I'd known you hadn't seen this before... :D:D
witch Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 *Can barely contain urge to fall to floor, kicking, screaming and generally dying with laughter* Please tell me you lot are not serious... Please... oh please... I'd have trotted this out in April if I'd known you hadn't seen this before... :D:D OK Mr InkWizard, what's the joke?
jamesb Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 Have you seen the one showing you how to get cheap AA batteries by opening a larger battery and pulling out the smaller ones? No idea if this one's genuine or not, I suppose its possible, but it sounds a little suspicious.
contink Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 OK Mr InkWizard, what's the joke? There is no magic reset... it's a hoax... been around about a year+ now... Mind you for all that it had a few folks in the inkjet world convinced as well.
plexer Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 The joke is obviously that this is a wind up video. Shame as we are all trying to be green and do our bit for the environment but obviously some people knoe better than others? Ben
contink Posted June 22, 2009 Posted June 22, 2009 The joke is obviously that this is a wind up video. Shame as we are all trying to be green and do our bit for the environment but obviously some people knoe better than others? I hope you're not sore about this... As I said there were a few experts who were seriously taken in by the video.. Anyway, as it happens I can provide you folks with a bit more info on resetting... 1. The older (pre-R285 generation) printers had a 5 contact chip which was resettable using a hardware resetter (you have to purchase a compatible one obviously). You did still have to refill the cartridge however or risk air/foam getting into the printhead. 2. The newer printers use a different type of chip with a fuse type connection. They can be recognised by the 7 contact points on the chip. When the ink reaches a certain level the fuse burns out and the cartridge is completely non-resettable. It is possible to reset these chips if you have the right hardware resetter AND always reset before the cartridge reaches 25% of before! (Not ideal for schools) The best way to avoid this issue is, ironically with a CIS (Continuous Ink System) as the only way around this permanently is with an Auto Reset Chip (ARC) which with many of these does require a push button reset.. Weird how it comes full circle... Obviously I've just covered the Epson printers here... Canon PG5BK, CLI8(CYMK) are resettable using a resetter but not the newest cartridges... older ones don't need any kind of reset... I could go on for hours but anyhoo... there ya go... 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now