Shrimpersfan Posted June 3, 2009 Posted June 3, 2009 Hi there. I am currently trying to edit a login script batch file in order to change the decimal value of a registry key. This is the text for my batch file (actual server names have been replaced with ServerName):- net use p: /delete net use q: /delete net use t: /delete net use p: 'serverName' net use q: 'serverName' net use t: 'serverName' regedit /s \\128.54.12.17\netlogon\Del_disableditems.bat /**regedit.exe /s ScheduleContactManager.reg**/ ftype MSPaper.Document="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\MSPVIEW.EXE" assoc .tif=MSPaper.Document ftype MSPaper.Document="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\MSPVIEW.EXE" assoc .tiff=MSPaper.Document This login script is currently used for when certain users log in, i added the part marked with /** **/. The .reg file is saved in the same folder as the .bat file, I have gone into AD and changed my logon script to this newly created one but it doesn't seem to edit the registry when i log back in. Any ideas would be very welcome. David
DrPerceptron Posted June 3, 2009 Posted June 3, 2009 Does it import if you add it manually? you could try bolting a pause at the end and asking Group Policy to show logon script in process should tell you stuff. I think (not sure, was a while ago) that I had problems with importing stuff into the registry because group policy denied access to it for students, so I had to come up with an alternative solution - I added it to the mandatory profile.
bio Posted June 4, 2009 Posted June 4, 2009 I think you should add the full path name before ScheduleContactManager.reg bio..
mac_shinobi Posted June 4, 2009 Posted June 4, 2009 Hi there. I am currently trying to edit a login script batch file in order to change the decimal value of a registry key. This is the text for my batch file (actual server names have been replaced with ServerName):- net use p: /delete net use q: /delete net use t: /delete net use p: 'serverName' net use q: 'serverName' net use t: 'serverName' regedit /s \\128.54.12.17\netlogon\Del_disableditems.bat /**regedit.exe /s ScheduleContactManager.reg**/ Im not brilliant with bat scripts as have not really played around with them much but shouldn't the following line Del_disableditems.bat Be a .reg file extension ? Just at the start of the line is regedit ( I mean unless you are using the del_disableditems.bat to call the reg file or something ( not sure )
Shrimpersfan Posted June 4, 2009 Author Posted June 4, 2009 ok so this morning i played around again and i seemed to have this fixed. However, i need to modify the registry within a citrix environment. I have tried this but without success, the registry changes on my local machine when i log in but not when i log in to a citrix session. Both my local login and citrix login are using the same login script.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now