JJonas Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 I am coming to the end of my contract and paying about £25 a month at the moment. Got a Samsung U600 at the moment. I need to be on Vodafone all the other providers are patchy in my area of Norfolk. Whats the most geekiest phone I can get for the money? Decent camera would be nice (far too much shutter lag on the U600) Whats the HTC Magic like?
TNE Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 Just mentioned on another thread ive not long got a Sony Ericcson Xperia X1 mainly because i was looking for a phone capable of email and slide out keyboard. Its got loads of features and overall pretty pleased but it has had a few minor bugs and the receptions not as good as my old Nokia 6230i. Its also survived the drop test a couple of times which is handy. 1
jamesb Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 Whats the most geekiest phone I can get for the money? Decent camera would be nice (far too much shutter lag on the U600) Depends what you mean by geeky. I had an LG Viewty which was very nice, and suitably multi-purpose, but to be honest I got fed up of the whole touchscreen thing in the end and have gone for a Nokia N85 with my latest one. Its not as convenient for e-mail and such but there are some excellent games for the N-Gage 2.0, the built-in radio transmitter is perfect for driving, the screen's large enough that QReader is perfectly legible, and the various Nokia services can't be faulted (as far as they go, a lot are in beta at the moment but Maps, Sync and now the Ovi store all work well). On top of this it actually feels like a phone, and has a decent camera. 1
Diello Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 N97 is pretty swish - on Vodafone around July. Magic is a bit of an unknown quantity - HTC make brilliant phones (Touch HD is brilliant, best phone out there), and Android seems to be a good OS, but pretty unproven, and G1 didn't help with sub-par hardware. Shame O2 have the exclusive on the Palm Pre as well. 1
john Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 I love my HTC Touch Pro Well worth getting a HTC I feel 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now