browolf Posted May 15, 2009 Posted May 15, 2009 did I update my catalyst drivers to 9.3 to try and stop wow crashing whenever I exit..... it broke theatre mode. so i uninstalled it all, used system restore to get back to the old drivers and guess what....theatre mode is still broke...goddam! everything is enabled it like it should be..oh why doesnt it work...
Batman Posted May 15, 2009 Posted May 15, 2009 You don't mean the ATI Catalyst control center thing do you? If you do, just get rid of it, the graphics driver and control center are seperate programs, your graphics driver will still do it's job! If you don't mean that what do you mean?
browolf Posted May 16, 2009 Author Posted May 16, 2009 You don't mean the ATI Catalyst control center thing do you? If you do, just get rid of it, the graphics driver and control center are seperate programs, your graphics driver will still do it's job! If you don't mean that what do you mean? erm its the theatre mode thing in the control centre. thats when you play a video on the pc screen it automatically clones to full screen on an attached 2nd screen, my tv in my case. I doubt theatre mode will work without the cc tho....
Batman Posted May 16, 2009 Posted May 16, 2009 Windows should be able to do that on its own, without Catalyst Control Center installed. I guess you've just got to take it off and try it, if it doesn't work then your card must be the exception. I've had several ATI cards and I've always managed without it.
dwhyte85 Posted May 16, 2009 Posted May 16, 2009 I use omegadrivers without the control center, they're usually pretty robust and engineered for performance (if you're into your gaming at all).
browolf Posted May 16, 2009 Author Posted May 16, 2009 somethings definitely messed up somewhere...least wow isnt crashing on exit now...this pc needs a reinstall really...it was never the same after i installed xp sp3. but im building myself a new one at half term so I'll just wait until after that. thx
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now