sidewinder Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 Never really had an iPod before but have been given a 60GB iPod Photo so it would be a shame not to use it. Main problem is - I hate iTunes. My PC isnt that high spec so it runs like treacle. I do have a decent mac (which I know it runs well on) but it isnt my main machine, and I use a few computers and I want to be able to update and add to it on anything. My current music collection is stored on a small server which on my laptop I have mapped and then set as the basis for my WMP library. So using any other library based software (such as iTunes) is a pain because it takes a fair while to get it all in there in the first place What I really want is a drag and drop solution, I just want to be able to copy albums onto the iPod as a usb drive, run something and then be done with it. My iPod shuffle lets me do this, I found a python script that rebuilds the database, so I just copy music, run it, and go. Im after something similar for this. Ive tried Songbird - very good but it would be forever mounting the ipod (known bug by the looks of it) - so no good I tried Ephod - looked ok but kept giving weird errors and soooo slloooww Any other suggestions or am I stuck using bloody iTunes?
featured_spectre Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 floola.com - Wiwi - Home Floola is a good alternative, I use it and it works nicely, also ubuntu has some stuff built in to replace itunes if you are interested!
dyoung5 Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 I use a program called MGtek dopisp, which is a plugin for WMP. I like it because it makes the ipod appear to WMP as a normal player and it also converts WMAs to MP3. You can get it here: Sync your iPod with Windows Media Player 1
sidewinder Posted May 7, 2009 Author Posted May 7, 2009 Ooh that looks even better. Shame its not free but if it does the job it'll be worth it! thanks
3s-gtech Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 Winamp has good iPod support, just drag and drop. All free, and the ml_ipod plugin is even better with it.
Butters Posted May 7, 2009 Posted May 7, 2009 MediaMonkey » Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter Best music player/management software out there.
sidewinder Posted May 8, 2009 Author Posted May 8, 2009 dopisp is awesome, thanks so much for that dyoung, works seamlessly and syncs relatively quickly (it is dragging the music across a wireless link so its never going to be very quick)
localzuk Posted May 8, 2009 Posted May 8, 2009 Foobar 2000 with the Ipod Manager plugin. foobar2000 musicmusic's foobar2000 stuff - iPod manager
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now