Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Our School Agreement is due for renewal in June.

We have 217 qualifying PCs and have been quoted £25.76 each to renew by our current supplier.

 

Their quote was based on 196 PCs which was last year's count - I've asked them to requote for 217.

 

Can any of you do a better price?

 

If our current supplier comes back with a different price for this year's count I'll of course post it here to keep the playing field as level as possible.

 

Thanks in advance

Posted

Hi TonyRidal

 

As a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, we'd be delighted to offer you pricing on this. I'll get my software team on to this now for you and will get back to you once I have confirmed pricing

 

Kind regards

Posted
Allsorts! The highlights being:

 

Windows Upgrade from pretty well anything, to Vista Business or XP Pro (or Vista Ultimate according to http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/7943-school-agreement-benefits.html)

Server CAL

Exchange CAL

All versions of Office

 

Renewed anually when all PCs in school are counted - you can add as many as you like in between.

 

The Ultimate benefit provides you with 1 copy of Ultimate, not a blanket license.

  • Thanks 1
  • 11 months later...
Posted

Well, it's that time of year again, so rather than starting a new thread I'll give this one a bump!

This year we have 294 PCs :)

 

Quotes Pleeeeeease :) by PM initially is fine. I'm intending making a decision on Friday

Posted
You could probably push to around the £25.50 mark (we have 340 to renew and are looking at a cost just a tad below that). I went all out this year and asked well over 20 suppliers (quite a few of whom saw my request on the forums!)
Posted

I too am looking at getting the school's agreement so would also like to be quoted happy.

 

350 pc's (core cal pack)

200 terminal server licenses

1 external TS License

 

13 server os'

 

Thank's

Posted

Within School Agreement, the Windows licence is for the Enterprise edition - so now it is Windows 7 Enterprise. Enterprise and Ultimate both have the same features, but Enterprise has Volume Licence activation, whereas Ultimate is a consumer version, so each version needs activating with an individual key. Here's the detail of what's in each version:

Microsoft UK Schools : What features are in which version of Windows 7?

 

The other reason to install Enterprise is that you automatically get BitLocker encryption.

 

(And, as a bonus answer, the version included with a Select licence is Professional - you can get Enterprise under Select if you buy your licences with Software Assurance)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...