Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We are looking at extending our extra curricular provision in school this includes art, drama, sport, it etc.

 

What we would like to do is have a list of all the planned extra curricular ideas and a signup form for students to signup to the activity so we have a rough idea of numbers before the event takes place. We use sharepoint so something part of that would be really handy.

 

Ideally I don't want it to be a mammoth form filling exercise but for students to just click the "Show Interest" button and their name etc will be recorded automatically.

 

I could write something myself and will probably have too to get it to do exactly what I want, but I am interested if others have seen something similar available either to buy or free.

 

Cheers

  • 1 month later...
Posted
When do you need something?

 

I'm surprised your RBC or LA can't help??

 

Your joking!

 

Its not a necessity just something I thought would work well, its still on my list to investigate but probably not for another couple of months now the summer programme is about to kick in.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Just a couple of ideas, as this is my role in our school too!

 

First of all, you could create a simple form using google apps & get the data sent to a google spreadsheet. Embed the form into a web page and volia, but a bit lo-tech.

 

Second idea, which is currently the one we are trying out, is to use a polling/surveying web software. Instead of creating the forms and webpages yourself, create an account and then get create the categories and the software will do the logging of results. I had a look at all sorts of companies providing solutions for this (surveymonkey et al) but QuestionPro came out well. They offer a free schools/nonprofit organisations licence too which is good for the reporting features.

 

HTH.

 

Regards,

 

Lewis

Posted

Just build a simple php/mysql thing, shouldn't take too long and when your done release it on sourceforge :)

 

Something I might look into after my other projects done, if you don't mind?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...