Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just installed Nagios to see how good it is, and set up a networked printer as in the documentation.

 

It pings OK, but for Printer Status I get the attached error.

 

Installed on Ubuntu 8.04 Server, following documentation here:

 

Ubuntu Quickstart

Posted

127 normally means that it can't find or run the plugin you're calling, which I assume is check_printer or check_hpjd

 

Check permissions on the plugin - can the nagios user access it? Check the path you're using - on mine (compiled from source) it's :/usr/local/nagios/libexec/name_of_plugin

 

Run the plugin manually to check that the printer is responding:

./check_printer -H IPADDRESS -C SNMPCommunity

 

You should get: OK - Printer ok (" Ready") or similar.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
127 normally means that it can't find or run the plugin you're calling, which I assume is check_printer or check_hpjd

 

Check permissions on the plugin - can the nagios user access it? Check the path you're using - on mine (compiled from source) it's :/usr/local/nagios/libexec/name_of_plugin

 

Run the plugin manually to check that the printer is responding:

./check_printer -H IPADDRESS -C SNMPCommunity

You should get: OK - Printer ok (" Ready") or similar.

 

Just had a look in /usr/local/nagios/libexec/ - there is not check_printer OR check_hpjd

 

How would I go about sorting this?

Posted
did you set it executable

 

also it appears to be written in php, thus you'll need the php CLI version installed.

 

I have set it as executable, and installed php5-cli

 

When i try to run ./check_printer in the same directory as the rest of the plugins I get a command not found.

Posted

Just tried downloading and using another plugin. Downloaded it to the plugin directory, ran chmod -x pluginname and tried ./pluginname --help.

 

I'm obviously doing something wrong as I still get a Command Not Found error.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...