silver Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 This is really daft, but someone unpacked this printer for me and fiddled with the buttons and now everything is in Greek! Obviously I can't read the screen and HP support kept telling me to navigate to this menu or that - they didn't seem to get that I couldn't read anything! I cannot find any notes on how to maybe set the printer back to defaults - can anyone help Or, failing that, can a kind person tell me EXACTLY how many times to press centre button and the arrows in order to select English as the default language! Ta
witch Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 Oh come on, someone must have one to help the poor chap! I've only got a lower version and the buttons look different
FN-GM Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 Can you get into the web interface? Maybe you can find your way through that.
Busybub Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 From power save mode, press OK until it fires up into Ready mode Press Right twice, OK twice, you are now in the languages menu... have fun! 1
torry_loon Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 HP printers can be reset by turning them off, holding down the green button and turning them back on. You may need to hold down the button for up to 20 seconds.
silver Posted March 2, 2009 Author Posted March 2, 2009 I can't get into the web interface due to various issues. I will try the busybub method. It doesn't really matter what language I get as long as it has the same alphabet and numbers as we do!! As for resetting it - I don't seem to have a green button but then again I'm not there so I'm working from memory - will have a look tomorrow Thanks for the nudge, witch!
torry_loon Posted March 2, 2009 Posted March 2, 2009 As for resetting it - I don't seem to have a green button I am not familiar with this particular model. On most LaserJet models, the Go, OK or Select button is green.
silver Posted March 3, 2009 Author Posted March 3, 2009 thanks busybub -worked like a charm! Sorted the web interface as well
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now