SimpleSi Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 Don't seem able to FTP to any of my sites - is it them or me? It connects but no remote site dir/file list comes up. Anyone care to try one of theirs out please? regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted February 21, 2009 Author Posted February 21, 2009 Still wasn't working this morning so switched to WS-FTPle (from Filezilla) and it connects but takes a long time to do so and then takes 30secs to transverse folders Simon PS I can use Filezilla to connect to non-CLEO FTP servers fine
SimpleSi Posted February 22, 2009 Author Posted February 22, 2009 (edited) Tried forcing PASV one way or the other? Not an FTP expert so don't know how to do this but supsect filezilla's already trying it 08:41:33 Command: PASV 08:41:33 Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (212,219,83,10,65,142) 08:41:33 Command: LIST 08:43:55 Error: Connection timed out 08:43:55 Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing Here is log from WSFTP95LE PASV 227 Entering Passive Mode (212,219,83,10,56,168) connecting to 212.219.83.10:14504 - - connecting to 212.219.83.10:14504 ! Connection failed 212.219.83.10 - host unreachable ! connect: error 0 PORT 192,168,0,5,9,238 200 PORT command successful LIST 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list Received 5774 bytes in 0.5 secs, (108.53 Kbps), transfer succeeded 226 Transfer complete if these mean anything to anybody regards Simon Edited February 22, 2009 by SimpleSi
kmount Posted February 22, 2009 Posted February 22, 2009 Yeah, I'd suggest forcing PASV off to see if that fixes it. Near the bottom of this might help. 1
SimpleSi Posted February 22, 2009 Author Posted February 22, 2009 (edited) Well changing a few settings has got it working I believe I'm not using passive mode now (although AFAIK I have been using it sucessfully for several months now ) And as well as changing to active, I had to tell it, as well,to use my machines IP and not my external IP (I got that from the WSFTP log file - 192.160.0.5 is my machine's IP) I wonder what changed? And strange that WSFTP is taking a long time to list and transverse directories (unless it trys passive first and then fallsback to active???) [edit]switched WSFTP to not try passive and it too is back to normal [/edit] regards Simon Edited February 22, 2009 by SimpleSi
kmount Posted February 22, 2009 Posted February 22, 2009 Mm, firewall changes or in some cases the FTP Daemon being changed can cause this kind of occurrence. I can't help specifically with CLEO I'm afraid, just glad it's kind of working again
SimpleSi Posted February 22, 2009 Author Posted February 22, 2009 If I can get another CLEOite to check then maybe we'll get to know Thanks regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted February 23, 2009 Author Posted February 23, 2009 Well - it didn't work at the first school I tried at also. Had to switch to active mode. Emailed Westfield to see whether its a fault or a feature regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted February 23, 2009 Author Posted February 23, 2009 Seems it was a fault They've kicked it and it not responds to passive mode again :0 regards Simon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now