Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Trying to get a cli msn client to work Mor-Pah Studios

 

I think I have all the required libs, but make is failing with this error

 

...
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I./src/headers     -g -O2 -MT tcp_sock.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/tcp_sock.Tpo" -c -o tcp_sock.o `test -f 'src/tcp_sock.c' || echo './'`src/tcp_sock.c; \
       then mv -f ".deps/tcp_sock.Tpo" ".deps/tcp_sock.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/tcp_sock.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
src/tcp_sock.c: In function 'tcp_socket':
src/tcp_sock.c:56: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
src/tcp_sock.c: In function 'tcp_sockdcon':
src/tcp_sock.c:156: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
make: *** [tcp_sock.o] Error 1

 

Ive done a quick google but cant see much. Anyone think what might be wrong?

Posted

I used to use tmsnc and it works pretty well.

 

Don't know why that one won't build though, guess you're missing a lib. This is what I don't like about Gentoo's packaging, AIUI it requires you to build every package, which is such a waste of build time and duplication of effort. Binary package managers build once and distribute the results, which is much less wasteful but has its own problems too.

Posted

Hi,

 

Edit line 156 as follows:

 

tcp_sock[sock_num] |= (int) 0;

 

It then compiles OK but segfaults on load as follows:

 

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

[switching to Thread 0x7fbdc2c7d710 (LWP 7495)]

0x00007fbdc1e97af0 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6

(gdb)

 

The developers a personal friend of mine, I'll get in touch with him and see what we can do.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Hi,

 

Edit line 156 as follows:

 

 

 

It then compiles OK but segfaults on load as follows:

 

 

 

The developers a personal friend of mine, I'll get in touch with him and see what we can do.

 

Thanks :)

Posted

Ah bonus, my problem may be 64bit gentoo more specifically.

 

For anyone interested (and I'm far from a programmer) it was to do with the casting.

 

Very welcome mate.

Posted

yep, just tried it on my amd64 gentoo box too and it seg faults

 

oasis CLI-MSN-2.3 # cat /var/log/messages | grep msn

Feb 12 14:07:58 oasis msn[2466]: segfault at 2f285460 rip 2b2f2efbdaf0 rsp 7fff7c69ca68 error 4

Feb 12 14:08:32 oasis msn[2471]: segfault at 78242460 rip 2b2377f7aaf0 rsp 7fff336e1aa8 error 4

Posted
Ah bonus, my problem may be 64bit gentoo more specifically.

 

For anyone interested (and I'm far from a programmer) it was to do with the casting.

 

Very welcome mate.

 

Casting means converting one data type to another in this case I presume the TCP side is a long or numerical data type that needs converting into an int aka integer data type.

 

This becomes an issue on 64 bit platforms due to integers still being 32 bits on a 64 bit platform and the pointers are 64 bits where is on a 32 bit platform both pointers and integer data types are both 32 bits.

 

Found this - not sure how much help this will be :

 

Gentoo Linux Documentation -- Alpha Porting Guide

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...