moggy Posted January 29, 2009 Posted January 29, 2009 I've received a word document which has an e-mail embedded in it, i.e. there is the icon of an e-mail with its subject title part way down a page of text. When I click on the icon it opens the e-mail, which as it happens has itself got an attached word doc, but that's a lesser question! I'm sure it must be obvious but I googled it and can't get any sense. TIA
leco Posted January 29, 2009 Posted January 29, 2009 I've received a word document which has an e-mail embedded in it, i.e. there is the icon of an e-mail with its subject title part way down a page of text. When I click on the icon it opens the e-mail, which as it happens has itself got an attached word doc, but that's a lesser question! I'm sure it must be obvious but I googled it and can't get any sense. TIA Sorry not clear on what your question is:(
moggy Posted January 29, 2009 Author Posted January 29, 2009 Sorry leco. What I'm trying to find out is how you embed an e-mail in a word document so that it appears as an icon. Does that help?
Michael Posted January 29, 2009 Posted January 29, 2009 If you have a picture file on a Word document, right click the picture and choose "Hyperlink". On the left, click "E-mail Address", type the e-mail address and subject then click OK. Place your cursor over the image, press and hold the Ctrl key and left click. It'll then launch your default e-mail application, such as Outlook Express.
moggy Posted January 30, 2009 Author Posted January 30, 2009 Thanks Michael. I'm not sure that's exactly what I'm trying to find out. Clearly I'm not explaining too well. Try again, thanks for your patience. What I'm trying to do is to produce a word document which might go along the lines of:- Project report for XYZ Project Bla Bla Bla To understand how the project is progressing see John's e-mail: here I want to insert the actual e-mail Once we have reached stage 2 we'll move the assembly etc. Bla Bla Bla End of report In the word document the embedded e-mail shows in exactly the right place on the page and appears an e-mail Icon with it's subject as the title. When the document is opened by any recipients, they click on the e-mail Icon and the e-mail is opened. When opened it appears just as if it had been opened by clicking on the original e-mail in Outlook. Hopefully that gives a clearer indication of what I'm trying to understand.
Michael Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 Not exactly sure. How about creating a link to another Word document and on that document you could take a screen shot of the e-mail (using print screen). Just an idea
moggy Posted January 30, 2009 Author Posted January 30, 2009 Thanks Michael, I haven't got a copy of the e-mail and document handy. I'll try to get another copy over the weekend and post it then.
powdarrmonkey Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 I take it you're using Outlook or something similar. Drag your email from Outlook to somewhere, like the desktop, and drop it. Then drag the resulting file into your Word document. (You might be able to drag it directly, without stopping in between, I haven't tried it.) 1
moggy Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 Thanks powdarrmonkey. The drag and drop via desktop worked OK. I couldn't get it to drag and drop directly into word. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now