indiegirl Posted May 17, 2006 Posted May 17, 2006 Finally, NM has decided that Print Manager Plus is the way forward, and has installed it on our print server, but for some reason none of our printers are listed under the 'printer' section. Can anyone suggest why? (btw: typical NM: install, doesn't read the install guide, doesn't even look to see if there is an install guide... I'll say no more)
Gatt Posted May 17, 2006 Posted May 17, 2006 I've got the same problem - it shows all the users in AD but not the printers
indiegirl Posted May 17, 2006 Author Posted May 17, 2006 Sorted.. The service needs to run as an administrative user with access to administer the printers. I've just reset my service to be run using the domain administrator account, stopped and restarted the service, and all the printers were there. http://www.softwareshelf.co.uk/files/supportFAQView.asp?ID=2393
Gatt Posted May 17, 2006 Posted May 17, 2006 Hmmm.. I'm sure i'm doing that but will check - thank's IndieGirl
mrforgetful Posted May 17, 2006 Posted May 17, 2006 eugh, I hated Print Manager Plus when it ran here. I like Papercut though, which is what we use now.
mrtechsystems Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 We run Printer Manager Plus excellent program with the web client as well to update the pupils credit from any web brower Make sure you update all the time think we are on the current verison 6.0011 I think
Jake Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 Yeah, we run PMP too. We used to just use pcounter, but have found pmp far more versatile
mrforgetful Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 I found Print Manager Plus reeeaaalllly sloooowwww, though that was back in version 5. Papaercut has a web end too for updating credits, and checking them (the system tray icons are all hidden). I think we changed in the end because although Print Manager people said we didn't have to pay for updates we could just stick with our old version they then changed their minds and tried to charge us annually.
standunstan Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 going off on my own pmp problem, can anyone tell me why a single job would show up as 3 pages
standunstan Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 going off on my own pmp problem, can anyone tell me why a single job would show up as 3 pages. this problem seems to happen on all printing wether it is colour or laser
Michael Posted May 19, 2006 Posted May 19, 2006 I've been running PMP 5.5 for sometime now and have recently been given a free upgrade to version 6.0.0.110. The upgrade worked perfectly, however unfortunately I am unable to find any new enhancements? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now