Guest richard_s Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 Does anyone know where I can get a plugin for Windows Media Player that will convert WMA files to MP3? I know I can use a separate program like iTunes but its for a friend to use and they are easily confused by using too many programs.
MatthewL Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 When you are ripping CDs into WMP you can set it so it can rip to MP3 rather than WMA, its the options menu and RIP tab. Hope this helps.
Guest richard_s Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 When you are ripping CDs into WMP you can set it so it can rip to MP3 rather than WMA, its the options menu and RIP tab. Hope this helps. Not really as they have have a lot of WMA files that they were given by someone else.
kmount Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 Short of throwing the copyright angle I've heard good things about Switch Audio Sound File Converter Software- Convert to wav files and mp3. as a decent simple straight forward converter.
Guest richard_s Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 Short of throwing the copyright angle I've heard good things about Switch Audio Sound File Converter Software- Convert to wav files and mp3. as a decent simple straight forward converter. Thanks for the link I have just looked at it and it seems to be ideal.
sidewinder Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 DBPowerAmp is what I use, although you do have a pay a few quid for the MP3 encoding (not sure if you could use the free Lame encoder)
Michael Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 I use Blaze Media Pro to quickly convert WMA (DRM free) to MP3. If the WMA files have DRM, to my knowledge you cannot convert this and the only workable solution I have come across is to make an analogue recording, which then compiles it into MP3 format. The problem with this is you must play each track in turn (in real time) to make a conversion. This in my view doesn't break DRM, but simply bypasses the protection. It’s a very grey area in terms of how legal it really is to be honest.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now