Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK I installed on a vista machine and applied the group policy to test

 

The service instigated the shutdown but did not pop up with the box.

 

I then recieved the Interactive Services Detection screen, which I then gave me the option of going to the pop up box and aborting the service.

 

"A device or program has requested attention. Device or application: C:\Program Files\Shutdownertron\Shutdownertron.exe. Message title: System Shutdown."

 

I checked that the service is set to interact with the desktop, just wondering if anyone has come across this ?

 

ps: great utility works fantastic on our terminal servers, to reboot over night.

Posted

This is by design (well, sortof). Under Vista the service cannot interact with the desktop to show the confirmation dialog, but it can do so via the ISD service which connects the user to the service's desktop for this purpose.

 

It should still work, but it's messy and I'm working on a solution. One feature for the next revision will be a seperation of the shutdown logic and the user interaction, so that as well as solving this, Shutdownertron will be able to tell when a user is logged in and shut down immediately if not instead of waiting for the abort timer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...