Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking about setting up a blog to run along side our school website, with the idea that pupils and staff :D can update frequent events in school, almost as they happen.

 

Ideally I want a blog that is free, can only be updated from within school - so I haven't got pupils randomly updating from home, and to have the comments facility restricted. Any suggestions?

Posted

If you are using Joomla for your website, you can do it already - just don't automatically publish posts.

 

You could also install something like Wordpress - modules are available to integrate with Joomla if you want to do that.

Posted

We're just getting into this now, going to be using Joomla I think. We're not going to be offering public blogs to all, but certain staff/students/groups that we think would have something useful to tell the World.

 

We're also playing with Mahara, I expect we'll end up with blogs for all through that or Wordpress (with restricted access) with just the higher profile stuff on the main Joomla site.

 

Tim

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...