AndyD Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 I have a problem with word documents that have text in and picture(s) formatted with the Picture Tools i.e Oval frame causes the Size of the print job to increase in MB between 50-90+MB. The file sizes of the documents are no more than 1MB. This happens when printing to HP Color LaserJet 2605dn printers or a Ricoh Dsc424 photocopier. Any suggestions?
AndyD Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 Has anybody got any suggestions how I cam resolve this?
AngryTechnician Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Wish I could help on a fix as we have the same problem. Our workaround has been to get the students to save to PDF (we have the Save As PDF plugin for Office installed site-wide) and then print the PDF. That normally helps a bit. 1
AndyD Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 Wish I could help on a fix as we have the same problem. Our workaround has been to get the students to save to PDF (we have the Save As PDF plugin for Office installed site-wide) and then print the PDF. That normally helps a bit. Thanks for that. I have the Save as PDF plugin installed and will give that a try
DrPerceptron Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 (edited) When you copy and paste images etc into Office (and other apps... I think) The picture has to be uncompressed when it is sent to print - hence the massive jump in file size. Supposedly, if you use Insert > Picture > From File it will not expand to such an unfeasible size. Hadn't been aware that Word did this, it's extremely evident with kids when they're using PowerPoint though. Edited January 21, 2009 by DrPerceptron
AndyD Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 When you copy and paste images etc into Office (and other apps... I think) The picture has to be uncompressed when it is sent to print - hence the massive jump in file size. Supposedly, if you use Insert > Picture > From File it will not expand to such an unfeasible size. Hadn't been aware that Word did this, it's extremely evident with kids when they're using PowerPoint though.They do use Insert > Picture from the ribbon and not copy and paste but the problem still happens.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now