Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Struggling to get Joomla working with iis6, something about mysql not being detected.

 

Would I be better using WAMP and if so is there anyway of running iis6 and wamp together, currently iis6 is publishing my exchange owa.

 

Or can wamp be made to publish owa?

 

ta

 

Si

Posted

It's messy doing anything with IIS on a box used for Exchange OWA.

 

I would recommend either finding another server or virtualising a LAMP server - you could run this on your exchange box with VMWare Server or Virtualbox.

Posted (edited)

You can run Apache (as part of WAMP) and IIS together just make sure they use different ports. Its also not that hard to install MySQL & PHP with IIS.

 

As said before you could run a VM with LAMP (eg Ubuntu Server) or you could use another machine if you have any spare with either LAMP or Server 2003/08.

 

So either have another go at using IIS (being careful not to muck up OWA) or if you don't care about the website having a different port use WAMP & IIS. If you want to learn LAMP use a VM or different server.

 

https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/index.html

Edited by somabc
Posted (edited)

My issue with IIS6 and Joomla is it doesn't recognise that mysql is installed. On the Pre installation check is has a Red NO :confused:

 

I have removed and reinstalled mysql but to no avail.

 

Any isea's ?

 

Server 2003 sp2 btw

 

EDIT*********

 

Looks like I need the php path in the server variables, have to wait till lunch before I can reboot server

Edited by pooley
Posted

Back to drawing board, rebooted server and still no Mysql in the Joomla install prerequisites

Mysql Administrator shows service as running, not sure what I have missed.

 

Another thing that didn't work for me was the phpinfo.php test file, gave me Error 500 internal server error, but it allows me to get to the Joomla install webpages.

 

Any idea's before I give up (again) :smash:

Posted
Back to drawing board, rebooted server and still no Mysql in the Joomla install prerequisites

Mysql Administrator shows service as running, not sure what I have missed.

 

Another thing that didn't work for me was the phpinfo.php test file, gave me Error 500 internal server error, but it allows me to get to the Joomla install webpages.

 

Any idea's before I give up (again) :smash:

 

i would say that your server is not configured properly for php

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...