maxrebo Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 I'm trying to download the ADMX for win 11 25h2 from here and get the En-gb ADMX files? but it only offers EN-US in the download, any idea where i can get the EN-GB from? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=108394
AlphamaleZed Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 is this for GPO? Your policy definitions should be en-us. check your folder first. 1
3s-gtech Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 en-GB for ADML but don't think en_GB exist for ADMX. 1
maxrebo Posted December 16, 2025 Author Posted December 16, 2025 Thanks for the help. I'm confused...im going down a rabbit hole here... basically I'm trying to disable the "Widgets" in W11 (amongst other things), so ive downloaded the ADMX, imported them but cant seem to find this in the newly imported ADMX files?. Could you check on your Group Policy if it shows for you? I don't see this in my newly added ADMX files... To disable Widgets using ADMX templates in a domain environment, first download and install the Windows 11 ADMX templates from Microsoft, then use the Group Policy Management Editor to navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Widgets, and set the "Allow widgets" policy to Disabled; this removes the icon and functionality across your network. For local machines (Windows Pro/Enterprise), you can use gpedit.msc to achieve the same result without ADMX file
maxrebo Posted December 16, 2025 Author Posted December 16, 2025 thanks. is the ADMX called "Widget" ?
flipthebit Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 I'm not sure exactly which file adds that option, but the msedge.admx has mention of widgets. 1
AlphamaleZed Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 I hate to say it but ask ChatGPT where it is in the latest ADMXs, it’s usually pretty good at finding stuff for me. 1
jthompson Posted December 16, 2025 Posted December 16, 2025 It's in NewsAndInterests.admx and en_US\NewsAndInterests.adml 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now