rossibIT Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 Good morning, Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. We’ve been running SIMS Connected since Easter, and one recurring complaint is the session timeout. I’ve configured Edge settings under System and Performance > Performance > Never put these sites to sleep, but users still report that after a period of inactivity (no one can pinpoint exactly how long), they’re met with a “Your session has ended” message and need to sign in again. I understand and agree that timeouts are generally a good thing—especially since many staff don’t lock their computers. That’s why I’ve have only done this in locked offices where we enforce a strict access policy. So my question is: Is there a better way to manage this timeout—GPO? Regards, Ross
SIMS_Customer_Support Posted August 28, 2025 Posted August 28, 2025 On 20/08/2025 at 09:53, rossibIT said: Good morning, Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. We’ve been running SIMS Connected since Easter, and one recurring complaint is the session timeout. I’ve configured Edge settings under System and Performance > Performance > Never put these sites to sleep, but users still report that after a period of inactivity (no one can pinpoint exactly how long), they’re met with a “Your session has ended” message and need to sign in again. I understand and agree that timeouts are generally a good thing—especially since many staff don’t lock their computers. That’s why I’ve have only done this in locked offices where we enforce a strict access policy. So my question is: Is there a better way to manage this timeout—GPO? Regards, Ross Hi @rossibIT Apologies for the delayed response. Would it be possible to arrange for one of our analysts to get in touch to help troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing? If so, please let me know your preferred contact method and the most convenient time for us to reach you. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Sally
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now