uk101man Posted March 24, 2006 Posted March 24, 2006 I'm leaving the education sector and my town for the bright lights of London and for this reason I’m worried that all my hard work I’ve put into an application will be wasted. I would like your help on providing good reasons to make this application open-source which I hope could be uploaded to edugeek as a leaving present. This application is being developed at work and in my spare time! The application does the following: Batch (In AD) Create User Move Users Delete Users Set Password Enable/Disable users Set group memberships in AD Get system information from all computers in a domain Open remote PC C drive Launch RDC or VNC to a remote PC Batch Shutdown, Restart, Reboot a remote PC GPupdate on remote PC Tom
Dos_Box Posted March 24, 2006 Posted March 24, 2006 I will have your babies. Is that a good enough reason?
alan-d Posted March 24, 2006 Posted March 24, 2006 I'll let Dos-Box have your babies too Many thanks on behalf of all overworked school tecchies
ChrisH Posted March 25, 2006 Posted March 25, 2006 I will let Dos_Box have your babies and Let RussDev buy you a drink!! Seriously though it would be a great help for us all especially us poorschools who cant afford to pay for a tool like this.
_Bob_ Posted March 25, 2006 Posted March 25, 2006 What's the app written in? I'm sure if you gave some details there would be plenty of people with the relevant skills that would come forward to help maintain it.
powdarrmonkey Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 What language is it in? How good is your working relationship with the head, can you get a source release signed from him/her? What kind of license are you looking at?
EduTech Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but wondered if you actually went anywhere with this?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now