bizzel Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 I was hired by my old school so I'm working here for my gap year. Off to Durham in October to study computer science and from there... I'm not sure!
flashsnaps Posted May 2, 2008 Posted May 2, 2008 I am doing a placement at a High school, its been amazing how much I have learnt this year - and its all been good fun.
skawarrior Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 Always been a geek but after years of apathy towards getting a career I decided it was time to do something a bit more productive with my life. I've been working as an IT Tech since the end of Nov and its amazed me that I can actually love going to work. My school is great on education too I'm being urged to get on any courses I want to. Working in IT is fantastic!
Technophobe Posted October 2, 2008 Posted October 2, 2008 Hello, I'm I allowed in the gang if I'm not strictly a tech. I have just started working for an ISP that specialises in education. I'm not very technically advanced. But if I promise not to try and sell you anything I'd like to just hang out and see if I can learn anything that may benefit me at work. What it is that you specifically want from an ISP? How you've been let down, Support. No names need be given. I think you get the gist. Promise I won't babble so much in future! Cheers guys.
CAM Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 A School is my first full-time job. Had a hard time though in the first year and it didn't go well. Turned into a supervisor now.
lionsl2005 Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 Just a quick hi and merry x'mas and happy new year. School is my first full time job will be in January 2009. after uni, worked as a volunteer ICT Tech in a high school. i loved the school environment. now starting in a primary school a full time techie.. looking forward to learn new things in a new environment. working in IT is fantastic.
Nollauno Posted September 21, 2009 Posted September 21, 2009 Used to be an Analyst Programmer! Got married had kids, last one is now in Nursery. Looking to become a Network Administrator. Would like advice on courses or which way to go... (open ended question there! lol)
joshjacklin Posted March 17, 2010 Author Posted March 17, 2010 Hi this is my 4th year in ICT, when i was 17 I applied for Zenos in stevenage, well that was my local branch, for those that dont know Zenos is an apprentaship which gives you professional certifications, so from that I got IC3 Internet And Communications Core, CompTIA A+ CompTIA NET + passed a Microsoft exam which makes you a MCP and then passed another exam and became a MCDST and did this city and guilds course which is like 8 city and guilds certificates. After that I went into Fujitsu supports Shell Petrol stations, first line support telephone job and the contract went so i got transferred to the Zavvi desk same thing, different desk but not as fast paced very boring, then i went through endless interviews and eventually got the job at this independant school in herts! and have been here ever since!
Recommended Posts