Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

 

I know this has been discussed lots before and most of the time turns into an argument I'm not looking for that just positive suggestions please.

We need local installs of Python gone for many reasons that I won't get into.

 

I need to find a route that will allow students access to an IDE preferably in the web that will allow editing and running code and also importing csvs/text files and when done be able to save the work locally.

 

What is everyone using please?

 

Many thanks.

Edited by CrootUK
Posted
I need to find a route that will allow students access to an IDE preferably in the web that will allow editing and running code and also importing csvs/text files and when done be able to save the work locally.

 

Does "locally" mean on each individual workstation, or a local-to-your-building server that you control? Probably not quite what you're looking for, but my Web Console project does allow you to edit and run code:

 

https://github.com/dhicks6345789/web-console

 

It's cross-platform (binary should install on both Windows and Linux, or MacOS if you want), presents a web-based interface (on localhost:8090), and uses the Ace text editor component, which does nice syntax-highlighting for most known languages / text file formats, including Python.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...