Sonic007 Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 Hi everyone, Got a strange one... My Sims server has two instances of Sims, Juniors and Infants. I can manually run a backup on the Juniors database but not on the Infants. My Infant School Sims will not allow me to make any changes to a pupil record. The minute you click to save changes, you get thrown out of Sims with the error below. There is plenty of space on the server. Tried rebooting server and made no difference. Something is failing on the Infants Sims and it is not happy. Any ideas? Thankyou.
coolhands Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 No idea but try tools>validate memberships, might help with the being able to save edit pupil details problem
Sonic007 Posted October 8, 2024 Author Posted October 8, 2024 Thankyou. I've tried that, and also running the database diagnostics which didnt pick up anything. For some reason it is not creating backups either. My other Junior school Sims on the same server runs fine. I can save registration marks so that is going through but any changes to a child's record gives the error and closes Sims.
Sonic007 Posted October 8, 2024 Author Posted October 8, 2024 Update: HD has failed and most likely caused corruption. Just what I needed! Backups no longer working. Got last successful sims database backup on Wednesday. Hoping to tomorrow get a PC setup as a temporary server and get my most recent uncorrupted backup VM’s restored. Can I then attach the database from the most recent backup until I have the server back up and running?
bobsmith Posted October 9, 2024 Posted October 9, 2024 Yes you can - you'll need to then take a backup from your temporary server and load that to the live server if you don't want to lose the data in between. 1
Sonic007 Posted October 9, 2024 Author Posted October 9, 2024 Cheers bobsmith. I'm in the middle of restoring my VM's from a backup on a temporary machine and will then get the Sims databases added. Once the new server is setup I will then export all that again. Thankyou.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now