Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Sonic007

Members
  • Posts

    1,531
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sonic007

  1. This is exactly what we did. We were sick of the on prem / in the cloud / next gen multi chaos coming out of Sims and their pressures to sign up to crazy contracts. We jumped ship to Arbor and things have been a lot better since.
  2. This would be my choice if possible as our school is mostly Unifi. It is also pure sinewave and seems to have come along pretty well since their first version. I'm hearing stock won't be in until January at the moment so might have to look at alternatives such as Eaton.
  3. Hi everyone, I'm in need of a new UPS for the server room. This will need to power the Dell Server, 2 Unifi 24 port POE switches, and a few other little items. What would you recommend? Many thanks.
  4. Nice to see it was quickly fixed.
  5. Arbor causing issues this morning - slow and random errors: https://status.arbor-education.com/incidents/397487
  6. Looks more or less exactly the same as the original. What was the point!
  7. For us it was just Arbor.
  8. Up and running here! Right, let's see what else is going to happen today!
  9. Still down for us.
  10. I know how you feel.
  11. Of all days, of all times (registration), I have so much to do today!!!
  12. Arbor is declaring major incident - Site down.
  13. Had the UDM for quite a while and never had an issue. Are you on the latest firmware?
  14. Went to catch up with the Red Arrows two weeks ago as they prepared to fly off to Cosford Airshow.
  15. Thanks JazzFlute. It's not the best is it. Not got the time to be ploughing through sorting students into groups. I think I will continue to do the csv import.
  16. Thankyou Chrisauk It seems strange this is not imported as all our assessments are done by group. I phoned up and was told it's just not possible so I guess we will see what is coming in the future after what you've been told. I think I am going to have to continue to manually import csv files for the time being and the upcoming new academic year.
  17. Jumping in on this post.... About to setup Wonde connection to Testwise (GL Assessment). I've been told reg groups do not sync over so does that mean I have to manually sort all our students into groups? Thankyou for your help.
  18. Thought I'd update my post: We've just migrated to Arbor and did it the weekend before half term. This gave us a few days to test the system before the children and teachers come back. Very smooth sailing and Arbor have been great answering any little issues we had.
  19. Thankyou. I will check those out.
  20. Good morning, Do any of you have software setup that alerts you if the internet is down, your server reboots, or other network health info? I need something to alert me when I’m not there. Thankyou.
  21. If that were the case I'd be handing in my resignation. You pay me for my expertise, not to tell me what you want to get. I know what you mean though. I've seen places where head teachers have said "oooh this brand seems nice" and they get a load of new hardware and then we have to sort out the headache of telling them it doesnt meet DFE standards, or it has security holes, or it is not compatible with our existing systems.
  22. We are currently in the migration phase from Sims to Arbor. We had been using Sims for the past 15 years or more. It is a big task, but we are ready for the change. Sims needs a complete re-design and after reviewing Arbor, Compas, and Bromcom, it was Arbor that won us over. I believe Sims have really messed up with the whole confusion of Sims7, Next Gen, Hosted jumble that it is, and their pricing contracts have been shockingly bad. The decision was made between me (Network Manager), our Operations Manager, and the Finance officer. It makes sense to have the same MIS system accross all of your schools in MAT, especially if staff move accross the MAT.
  23. Anyone here use the Unifi Travel Router? I picked one up to see what it could do and am quite impressed. Yes, it is only Wifi5, but that will not be a problem for me. More info here: https://eu.store.ui.com/eu/en/products/utr I've currently used it in a few different ways... 1) Joined a public wifi network at the airport, and then all my devices joined instantly to the router so no need to put in connection for each device, and if you only have one device paid connection, this lets you add more. 2) As it creates a seperate network, currently got it connected by wi-fi to my main work network whilst I am testing a new server build and doing updates, etc on the seperate isolated network. 3) I supports teleport, a VPN back to your home network. I'm going to take it on holiday in the summer and then all my devices, kids devices are already linked to it, and I have the added protection of being on a secure isolated network, not directly on the holiday resorts network.
×
×
  • Create New...