andyk1975 Posted September 28, 2023 Posted September 28, 2023 I have a number of users who wish to login to the Google Chrome in school and sync thier bookmarks, so they can see them on any machine they login to. Some features were disabled in GP, but I have now set "Enabled Bookmark bar", "Enabled Browser SignIn settings", "Enable bookmark editing". Users are now able to login to the browser, but bookmarks are not showing. We have the latest version of Chrome, I have updated the admx files. I have checked whether the smoothwall was blocking anything and it doesn't appear to be. I have been through all the GP's which are being applied and there are no conflicting policies. I have even looked at Impero, to see if any settings were blocking this, but again nothing. Any ideas anyone? It seems such a simple thing to get working! Thanks
TronXP Posted September 28, 2023 Posted September 28, 2023 Silly question, but have they turned on sync in the Chrome browser??, We have this often where they log in, but don't tell it to sync. 1
andyk1975 Posted September 28, 2023 Author Posted September 28, 2023 Yes, we have, sorry I should have added that point. Logged in and then set to sync - it even comes up with a pop up message to say what do you want to sync, and bookmarks is selected. Thanks for reply.
DaveTheTech Posted September 28, 2023 Posted September 28, 2023 Edge has the URL: edge://policy/ Does Chrome? It shows a list of policies that are controlled via GPO. 1
andyk1975 Posted September 29, 2023 Author Posted September 29, 2023 Thanks Dave. I have browsed to the page you mentioned and can see all the GP setting for Chrome. Again, everything seems as it should do and the policies set are those that are applying.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now