Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Finally moved all our iPads over to Mosyle, and things have been fairly calm. A few niggles, like most of them showing as "Location not enabled" when I know I enabled it on all of them and the update/app update status rarely seeming to be accurate, but they were working fine...

 

Until it was time to install a new app. Has anyone had problems recently? It works fine via my phone, but not with the school's Wi-Fi/filter even though they all picked up and installed apps a few weeks ago. I can uninstall without any problem, just not install.

 

Anyone aware of any changes that have happened recently? I get "The iOS is responding 'rejected: not supported'"

 

Fail.png

Posted
Last time I saw an error like that it was because the app required a minimum level of iOS/ipadOS and some of the older ipads didn't go that high
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Not that as the first pad I looked at needed an update, but installed the app via my phone. The second iPad wouldn't install the app, even after an upgrade to 16.5, unless I used by phone.

 

It was happy to UNinstall apps via the school's connection, though!

Posted

Agree it looks like an iOS version issue (even if the app isn’t detecting it correctly etc)

 

However, I’m interested in what you’ve allowed through the firewall. We allowed the whole apple 17.0.0.0 range as things worked a lot smoothly that way.

Posted
Agree it looks like an iOS version issue (even if the app isn’t detecting it correctly etc)

 

However, I’m interested in what you’ve allowed through the firewall. We allowed the whole apple 17.0.0.0 range as things worked a lot smoothly that way.

 

Therein lies the rub. Access to the firewall is mainly via the LA, who have unblocked a lot of things. It was working over Easter, and they haven't made any changes. It's been kicked up a level, so I'm waiting for a callback.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...