clareq Posted December 2, 2022 Posted December 2, 2022 A member of staff wants to run the "translate" tool in Powerpoint. However, when she tries to activate it she gets the message "sorry we couldn't load the add-in because internet explorer is disabled" Well, yes, it is - Microsoft depreciated it in favour of Edge! So, how do I get the add-in running?
simpsonj Posted December 2, 2022 Posted December 2, 2022 May or may not help, but I had to install the Windows English (UK) Language pack before translate would start working.
clareq Posted December 2, 2022 Author Posted December 2, 2022 I installed the English (International) version of Windows, so the UK language pack is available.
clareq Posted December 6, 2022 Author Posted December 6, 2022 OK, this is interesting - it runs for administrator accounts, but not for restricted accounts. Any ideas?
3s-gtech Posted December 6, 2022 Posted December 6, 2022 Check for the Group Policy setting Microsoft Office (version)\Security Settings\Trust Center\Trusted Catalogs\Block Web Add-Ins
clareq Posted December 6, 2022 Author Posted December 6, 2022 This is strange - it's the IE Site to Zone GPO: *.microsoftonline.com 1 *.microsoftonline.net 1 *.office.com 1 *.outlook.com 1 *.sharepoint.com 1 https://*.microsoftonline.com 2 https://*.sharepoint.com 2 https://login.microsoft.com 2 https://*.microsoft.com 2 https://*.teams.microsoft.com 2 Any idea how that would affect addins?
clareq Posted December 7, 2022 Author Posted December 7, 2022 I am very confused. If I enable the Site to Zone GPO, even if the only entry in it is the local file server that presents the redirected desktop shortcuts (to prevent a security popup) the Office add ins fail. I have no idea why. Can anyone help me keep my hair?
clareq Posted December 8, 2022 Author Posted December 8, 2022 Got it - site to zone enforces the entries, and doesn't allow any others. Set trusted sites via registry, and everything works. The add ins must be trying to alter the trusted sites somehow. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now