Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

We're hopefully upgrading some of our old computer monitors this summer. Which means we'll have a surplus of older monitor types we no longer need.

 

They all work, simply surplus to our needs due to upgrades. Much sooner they be repurposed by other schools etc if they can instead of simply eWasting them.

 

So are any schools in need of some monitors?

 

Multiple different makes/models.

Some only have VGA.

Some have VGA/DVI

All widescreen monitors

 

There are various makes/models. However a lot of the same type of monitor - silver HannsG HW191D I believe.(https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GYHS...v_ov_lig_dp_it)

 

There's probably at least 30-40x maybe. Not sure of exact numbers yet, most are in used good condition.

 

Would be collection only and some sort of paperwork for asset transfer would need to be signed. They'd be given as seen, no returns etc.

 

However would anybody be interested in a collection of them? We're in the West Midlands, not far from Birmingham.

 

I'd have to speak with our School Business Manager for their decision, but I'd imagine they might be free. Seems a shame for them to be simply disposed of otherwise.

Posted

Update -

 

Had the go ahead for this now.

 

Waiting for our new monitors first, then I can sort this out and will post more details when I can.

 

Bear in mind the fuel costs at the moment are a killer, if anyone close to the West Midlands wants some please let me know.

Posted

I have a feeling that we could really do with these, where we have some long in the tooth 4:3 17” screens still in use. They’d have a positive impact.

 

Not that far from you, so collection possible (not sure what in - my cars are small!)

Posted

P2010Ht I've got 16 in recycling with another 10 to follow, I don't think they're worth anything to anyone but if there is any interest I'll look to getting them cleared for pickup.

 

d1.jpgd2.jpg

 

EDIT: pickup Dorset

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...