reprised Posted October 18, 2021 Posted October 18, 2021 Hi, I have an HP 255 G7 laptop from the batch that we received from the DFE in our office that has no boot device found and can't get it to boot into recovery mode. I ran all the hard disk and memory tests and they all pass and was going to try a reimage but was wondering if this is possible as they are enrolled in intune. I'm not that familiar with the workings of intune, does anyone know if I can apply our own image from SCCM to it or will this fail because of the enrolment? If I do reimage it will it apply the restrictions as before? Thanks
Boredguy Posted October 18, 2021 Posted October 18, 2021 As long as you clean the Bios password, and enable the network boot function, you can easily rebuild the laptop on to your network via SCCM. It will not be part of the DfE InTune setup once you do that, so if you are using it for a student offsite, make sure you have suitable web filtering provision in place.
cburrows Posted October 18, 2021 Posted October 18, 2021 This might help also, https://get-help-with-tech.education.gov.uk/devices/guide-to-resetting-windows-laptops-and-tablets/unlock-recovery-mode
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now