jrichards02 Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 Looking for recommendations for this years refresh. Been using Stone AIO's for a while now and they have been very good, until they changed from Hard Glass AIOs to standard soft screens - useless in an educational environment in my view, too easy for kids to destroy the screens! Anyone using a model they are happy with?
Primus Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 Unless behaviour is truly shocking you shouldn't need hard glass fronted monitors.
FN-GM Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 useless in an educational environment in my view, too easy for kids to destroy the screens! I worked in schools for 12 years in the statistically most deprived area of England. This has never been an issue, we put processes in place hardly got any damage. The root cause needs to be addressed and not papering over the cracks with hard glass monitors.
mullet_man Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 Unfortunately I've had about 5 monitors smashed in our IT rooms just this year alone, 2 within the last few weeks. Laptop keyboards we are constantly replacing keys on too. The trouble we find here is damage isn't always reported when found so narrowing down who did it is really difficult.
3s-gtech Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 I lose around one a year, of 500. Had one recently due to a teenage strop (but not deliberate). I did buy hard glass ones, years back. With that low loss rate, it wasn’t worthwhile. I have more die through life expiration now (BenQ ones seem to lose the ADC first, so I just switch to DVI from VGA).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now