Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning all,

 

I recently migrated a school from one O365 tenancy to the other, whilst maintaining the same domain.

 

Old accounts were renamed to [email protected] which freed up the native domain - nativedomain.co.uk

 

This has all worked as expected, however Teams has been a real problem.

 

If I sign into Teams as [email protected] the user was/is a guest member of other Teams external to the organisation, however interestingly if I select Manage team > Members and guests they're still listed as [email protected], when I'd expected the account to read [email protected]. Is this normal, or is it anything to do with this O365 tenancy being managed by a local authority?

 

I've requested the user signs in as [email protected] and leaves each Team in turn, then sign out. Ask the owners to re-submit the invitation, which of course should go straight to [email protected]

 

Does all this sound correct? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Posted

How recently did you do the migration ? As I know there is a delay between Teams and Azure for changes at times.

 

Are they cloud only accounts or ADsynced?

Posted
How recently did you do the migration ? As I know there is a delay between Teams and Azure for changes at times.

 

Are they cloud only accounts or ADsynced?

 

It was 13th > 16th February.

 

Currently cloud only, be will be AD synced shortly. Currently duplicate users/temp duplicate passwords have been created for on prem, then I'll marry the two together.

 

Everything else is working, but just wondering if it's other O365 tenancies which are somehow caching the old account details? It's just really poor if this is the norm from Microsoft.

Posted

I've asked the user to contact the user hosting the Team (external O365 tenancy), to remove them as a guest, but also for the O365 admin to remove them from Users > Guests and start again from fresh.

 

Really starting to run out of ideas!!

Posted

On closer inspection, I've performed a test with another tenancy I manage and it works as expected.

 

Comparing the emails it reads -

 

You have been added as a guest to School in Microsoft Teams (my working invite)

 

J Bloggs invited you to access applications within their organisation (clicking the invite link, you're sent to https://myapplications.microsoft.com/ and it's blank).

 

I've never come across this before?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...