leachim Posted January 4, 2021 Posted January 4, 2021 Please redirect this to another forum if not the right one Currently running W10 1709 in the Virtual Machine Hyper-V part of my main W10 20H4 I need to get the Hyper-V version to be able to recognise a USB dongle to import VHS tape through USB for saving to disk I can't find any method for the HV version to recognise USB Dongles (not disks) PS - the usb dongle is not supported in the new version update of W10 I did also read of a usb network device that may be connected via ethernet - but it went over my head.... Thanks
Norphy Posted January 5, 2021 Posted January 5, 2021 Unfortunately Hyper-V doesn't support USB redirection, like VMware does. The best you can do is to put the VM client into "Enhanced Mode", which is essentially connecting to the VM via RDP. Some USB devices can be redirected that way but not all. You will either have to choose another hypervisor which supports USB redirection (VMware Workstation Pro and Player do, not sure about others) or you will need to install 1709 on bare metal.
Davit2005 Posted January 5, 2021 Posted January 5, 2021 (edited) I use a USB device server that connects to Ethernet adapter for using USB drives with VMs on VMWare, think they are Silex the ones I have had success with. They may work with licensing dongles but I think the application of using one to capture from VHS may be stretching the ability TBH. Not saying it would not work. I suppose you have the Copyright situation covered? Edited January 5, 2021 by Davit2005
leachim Posted January 5, 2021 Author Posted January 5, 2021 Thanks Can you recommend a good/cheap USB Ethernet adapter As to copyright THEY ARE MY OWN VIDEOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now