Ethan89 Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 (edited) Has anyone tried VFIO to be able to play for example Modern Warfare 2019 or Rainbow Six Siege since they don't have native versions on Linux? If so, what's your experience with it and can I get banned for it? https://www.populationof.net/poland/ Edited August 14, 2020 by Ethan89
soapyfish Posted March 9, 2022 Posted March 9, 2022 I use VFIO, on Linux with a windows 10 Virtual machine with a dedicated PCI graphics card passed through and "evdev" for keyboard and mouse sharing. Works really well and as fast as it would natively as far as I can tell. I have games from Steam, UbiSoft, Epic Store and GOG all working. Initially I used PopOS and the following guide. https://forum.level1techs.com/t/vfio-in-2019-pop-os-how-to-general-guide-though-draft/142287 More recently switched to Arch Linux which is a little more complex however the Arch wiki is really good and the resulting setup is easier to use.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now