coolhands Posted July 2, 2020 Posted July 2, 2020 (edited) with covid I've mostly been working from home using Remote Desktop to use sims. I'm not technical but does anyone know why the following might be? If I try and create student reports by Focus>Assessment>Individual Report it crashes sims even if I just try and do it as pdf. So I went in to school and created them all as I thought ok it's a problem with Remote Desktop. But now back at home I can't even select them via same menu and 'Send' in order to send them via Intouch. AND I can't even do Routines>Send SLG & SIMS online>Publish Documents to upload them to the crappy Parent App!! Load of rubbish. It says unable to cast COM object blahblahblah to interface wrord.application. I presume it can't launch word remotely or in the background or something. So, anything I can do? Load of sh*t4 Edited July 2, 2020 by coolhands
bobsmith Posted July 6, 2020 Posted July 6, 2020 Are you the IT guy or do you have IT guys? It sounds like an IT guy problem in the first place - our RDP server hasn't stopped us doing anything in SIMS so far. Shout at them to take a look - could just be a configuration issue with the version of office they've installed on the server - or a permissions issue.
MicrodigitUK Posted July 6, 2020 Posted July 6, 2020 +1 for wrong version of office on the RDS session hosts. Capita recommend 32bit Office. So check you don’t have the 64bit version installed as that could stop the SIMS report running.
coolhands Posted July 7, 2020 Author Posted July 7, 2020 ok I'm the data manager struggling at home! so no not an IT guy. I will pass on suggestions thanks
Worz3l Posted January 18, 2021 Posted January 18, 2021 Newbie to this site, but to all school users of SIMS InTouch - is it possible to email the parents of an entire year group with their students' individual assessment reports please? School is considering purchasing InTouch but depends on whether this is possible! Thanks so much in advance
round2it Posted January 18, 2021 Posted January 18, 2021 yes you can but it is flakey at best the user interface is numb or it could just be me i suppose for intouch to work well your sims data has to be accurate staff having email correctly set contacts of students need to be 100% accurate then you have the permissions issue which group they need to be in within sims you dont want every man and his dog sending messages its a recepie for disaster.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now