FN-GM Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 Hi Its Jackfh & Gateacre birthday today although the bot has only displayed one of these users. Is this a bug? http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/20107-happy-birthday-jackfh.html Z
Michael Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 It might be that the Birthday Bot (as nice a Bot that he is) respects user privacy settings if users decide to hide their age.
FN-GM Posted May 31, 2008 Author Posted May 31, 2008 Its not that. Gateacre has displayed his / her age they are 28 today (happy birthday by the way) and they haven't been announced by the Bot. Jackfh has hidden there age and she / he is announced by the Bot. Maybe your right but its just the wrong way round for some reason.
Michael Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 Yeah you could be right there. The forum does appear to be experiencing more problems in general. I wonder if the latest patch has anything to do with it? I suppose a server reboot might be in order too!?
FN-GM Posted May 31, 2008 Author Posted May 31, 2008 The edugeek webserver is running Linux not Windows ;-)
Michael Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 I agree Linux is more robust serving web applications, but you have to agree there is something as I posted here
EduTech Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 as the vb board was updated a few days ago to the latest version, maybe it has something to do with this. I own a few VB sites and have updated this week, i dont use the birthday bot but i know theres been a few lil errors that have occurd on here and the same on my sites. I am sure Z will sort this tomorrow James/
kmount Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 Wouldn't worry too much, the birthday bot is a pain in the bum anyway!
russdev Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 @kim Like most things on edugeek some people love it some people hate it. This is seen when we changed the site some people hated cluttered feel of the old site some people disliked the new site. Russ
russdev Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 @ kim i know was stopping the well i like it posts before they started..
ZeroHour Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 I will take a gander at it. I only got back today from the conf (at around 6pm) so give me some time. I need to sleep for a bit first
FN-GM Posted May 31, 2008 Author Posted May 31, 2008 Today its worked as it should http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/20121-happy-birthday-bezwick-linuxgirlie.html
Edu-IT Posted June 1, 2008 Posted June 1, 2008 It might be that the Birthday Bot (as nice a Bot that he is) respects user privacy settings if users decide to hide their age. It does do that.
ZeroHour Posted June 17, 2008 Posted June 17, 2008 Closed the call, it should be okay now but post if you spot the issue again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now