Dos_Box Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 As of now I am closing the doors to applications to the conf. I originally booked it for 50 people (including the admins and speakers). We now have 70 people in total, 17 of who will be staying at the hotel (I'd best get booking a restaurant then!) on the first night. I shall sort out timings for this later. Not only does the hotel have a bar, but there is a pub (The Phantom Winger) next door to pass the time in whilst we all get together). All in all, a lot better than the Travel Lodge at Kettering!!!
ChrisH Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 You were very emotionally distressed by that Travel Lodge werent you ;-)
GrumbleDook Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 I wouldn't mind, but I took him for a nice Thai one night and a nice curry the other night ... I just think he was sulking because of the lack of pub next door.
john Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 Wow looks a great turnout then. Can we confirm the evening of the conference meal whilst being at a curry house will serve a (as term on my local Indian menu) English dishes such as Scampi and Chips.
ConTheITGuy Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 ... there is a pub (The Phantom Winger) next door to pass the time ... They have a Deal or No Deal there. Hours of fun to be had Andy
Dos_Box Posted May 22, 2008 Author Posted May 22, 2008 I wouldn't mind, but I took him for a nice Thai one night and a nice curry the other night ... I just think he was sulking because of the lack of pub next door. Lack of pub!! Lack of everything including pavements more like. It saps your will to live that place! For those who are interested here it is on Google Maps: Google Maps As you can see, it is on the other side of the busy A14 to the town and with zero means of getting off the site without the aid of a car makes a traveler in need of a quick sit down in a pub stranded!
ICTNUT Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 Although I do see a golf course nearby, not all bad then !!!!
GrumbleDook Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 Sheesh ... I should have just given you a bergen with a few days of rations packs between you, a poncho each and a selection of blankets. Some people are obviously getting too soft!
Ric_ Posted May 26, 2008 Posted May 26, 2008 I've finally got around to sending the confirmation emails. Please contact me if you haven't received a confirmation and you think that you should have.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now