Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys,

 

Just wondering which gfx card you are all using to run dual displays. my desktop just isn't big enough anymore!

 

It will be running in a Dell Optiplex 745 so needs to be pci-e x16 and pref VGA outs to dvi as I don't have any dvi cables / adapters lying around.

 

Ta

Posted
i presume dual head cards with 2 x vga is also fine. Although, you are hard pushed to find them these days. Gotta have a dig around for some dvi > vga adapters
Posted
hmm, a lot of the nvidia cards are 1 x dvi and 1 x vga. I presume this isn't important. A lot of them seem to be pci-e 2.0. Can they still be used in a 1.0 slot but just with less bandwidth?
Posted
Can they still be used in a 1.0 slot but just with less bandwidth?
Mostly a couple of VIA chipsets seem to have problems but on the whole its fully backwards compatible.

 

hmm, a lot of the nvidia cards are 1 x dvi and 1 x vga

As long as the DVI is a DVI-I you can use it with an adaptor, alot of cards will come with an adaptor.

Posted
For what you want anything with 2 outputs will work, on my very old work desktop I am using a Radeon 7500 with two TFTs at 1280x1024 each without any problems at all.
Posted

I think I need to get a half height card as anything else isn't going to fit in the Optixplex 745 case. :/

 

Any suggestions?

Posted

Hi m1ddy

 

We can get you a Sapphire HD2400 Pro card. Its PCI-Express x16, 256Mb, has VGA & DVI-I and a low profile bracket. I can get this for you for £22.00+VAT and then you need a DVI to VGA convertor which we have in stock for £4.00+VAT

 

Is this is any use to you then let me know

 

Regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...